Is eco-friendly property the future of real estate? With climate change, people are altering their lifestyles to reduce their carbon footprint. It’s why more people are considering sustainable living when it comes to selecting their future home.
What is sustainable living?
It’s when you reduce your demand for natural resources and seek alternatives to things like modes of transportation, energy consumption, and even eating habits.
How does this affect property?
Builders are starting to use greener building materials when creating new homes. For existing homes, property investors are implementing the following:
- Insulated walls and ceilings to assist with heating, therefore saving on energy costs
- Using solar energy for heating purposes
- Selecting appliances with high energy-efficiency ratings
- Minimise waste and recycle where possible
- Choose native and local plant life for gardens and landscaping
- Replacing showerheads with a low flow option
- Upgrading to latest models of toilet cisterns
Sustainable housing is beneficial for homeowners and the environment. It’s another unique selling point when marketing to potential tenants.
For more information like this, book your FREE seat at our property investment seminars.